In 2013 I pressed the shutter over 75,000 times. I travelled to 8 different countries to photograph nature and I spent an average of 650 hours sitting at the computer editing images. All this, while keeping up with a full-time and very demanding job as CEO of Capital DBG plus enough time to fully enjoy the treasure I call family. It was a busy year, no doubt. A year filled with challenges and lessons that only now, when I pause and look at it like a closed period of time, make sense in the broad scheme.
Choosing my top 20 shots of the year was nearly as hard as achieving them. I tend to like an image a lot and the next week I completely change my mind and prefer the image I had discarded. So, this selection, may not be the same in a couple of weeks, but here it goes:
20. Southern Double-collared Sunbird, taken in Cape Town, South Africa.
19. Two Least Sandpiper, taken in Las Calderas, Dominican Republic.
18. Great-horned Owl, taken in Arizona, United States.
17. Male Lion, Taken in Maasai Mara, Kenya.
16. Keel-billed Toucan, taken in Boca Tapada, Costa Rica.
15. Leaf-cutter ants, taken in Asa Wright, Trinidad & Tobago.
14. American Flamingoes, taken in Las Calderas, Dominican Republic.
13. Brown-hooded Parrots, Taken in Boca Tapada, Costa Rica.
12. Composition of Zebras, taken in Maasai Mara, Kenya.
11. Giraffes, taken in Ngorongoro, Tanzania.
10. Oilbird, taken in Asa Wright, Trinidad & Tobago.
9. Scarlet Ibises and Great Egret, taken in Caroni Swamp, Trinidad & Tobago.
8. Tropical Screech Owl, Taken in Aripo Savanna, Trinidad & Tobago.
7. Migrating Wildebeest, taken in Serengeti, Tanzania.
6. Palm Tanagers, Taken in Boca Tapada, Costa Rica.
5. Little Bee-eater, Taken in Lake Manyara, Tanzania.
4. Sunrise and myst over Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
3. Elf Owl, taken in Arizona, USA.
2. Brown-capped Rosy finch, taken in Colorado, USA.
1.Common Starlings, taken in Colorado, USA.